pgSql authentication problem with openLdap - Mailing list pgsql-general

We have installed postgresql 8.1.11 in CentOS, also installed openLdap
2.3.27. I have tried a lot to authenticate the user against ldap but
couldn't succeed. Can anyone pl help me out?

I have added the following entry in pg_hba.conf

host  all  all  202.18.10.0/24
ldap://202.18.10.1:389/dc=abc,dc=net;;ou=people

My ldap server ip is 202.18.10.1
     domain is abc.net
     all users are under ou=People,dc=abc,dc=net

Though I have found few discussions about the same issues and bugs, but
couldn't fix my problem.