Re: OPtimize the performance of a query - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gavin Flower
Subject Re: OPtimize the performance of a query
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Hmidi,

On 17/01/18 06:57, hmidi slim wrote:
> I changed the operator like and I'm using the operator = .I got the
> results much faster but I still have another question about operator.
> For difference should I use '<>' or 'is distinct from' with indexes?

> <mailto:pavel.stehule@gmail.com>>:
>
>     Hi

>     <mailto:hmidi.slim2@gmail.com>>:
>
>         Sorry I forget the lower command when I wrote the code, it is
>         like this: lower(g.country_code) like lower('US')
>         (lower(g.feature_class) like lowwer('P') or
>         lower(g.feature_class) like lower('L'))
>

>     please, don't do top post.

[...]

Top posting is when you reply at the top of the email, rather than at
the bottom like this.

Bottom posting allows people to see the context before your reply.  You
can trim excess, or no longer relevant, content - but note the bits that
you have omitted with '[...]'

Bottom posting is preferred.

Cheers,
Gavin