Re: New docs chapter on Transaction Management and related changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Erik Rijkers
Subject Re: New docs chapter on Transaction Management and related changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Op 13-10-2022 om 23:28 schreef Bruce Momjian:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 03:02:34PM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
>> Thanks Robert. I've tried to accommodate all of your thoughts, plus Alvaro's.
>>
>> New v5 attached.
>>
>> Happy to receive further comments.
>
> I liked this patch very much.  It gives details on a lot of the
> internals we expose to users.  Some of my changes were:
>
> *  tightening the wording
> *  restructuring the flow
> *  splitting out user-visible details (prepared transactions) from
>     internals, e.g., xid, vxid, subtransactions
> *  adding references from places in our docs to these new sections

> [xact.diff]

I think that
   'This chapter explains how the control the reliability of'

should be:
'This chapter explains how to control the reliability of'

And in these lines:
+   together in a transactional manner.  The commands <command>PREPARE
+   <command>ROLLBACK PREPARED</command>.  Two-phase transactions

'The commands'

should be
'The commands are'

thanks,