Re: logical replication on 9.6: replica configuration - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeremy Schneider
Subject Re: logical replication on 9.6: replica configuration
Date
List pgsql-general
Because you’re on 9.6, you can’t use the native create subscription/publication sql commands. I’d check out pglogical from 2nd quadrant; this should be supported on RDS 9.6 iirc.

That said, I’m a bit curious what security concern would disallow a physical hot standby and allow a logical replication setup - especially in a managed environment... are you able to share any more specifics about the reasoning here? Maybe the requirement is for the replica to be in a different account or something?

-Jeremy

Sent from my TI-83