Re: Postgres as embedded db for GUI - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Pratt
Subject Re: Postgres as embedded db for GUI
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Jaime.  I currently work with psycopg with web apps. My question is
more a matter of whether postgres can be installed in a way that keeps
it contained to the program files for the app (as opposed to the
regular type of install where postgres becomes available as a server
available anywhere on the operating system.  I don't want the
installation used for tables other than app tables (or available to
anything other than the app).

I am not sure of whether postgres can be set up this way which is the
reason for the question.  I have only ever installed it on FreeBSD and
MacOSX in the normal way and then compiling the db adapter to work with
it.

Regards,
David