Re: pgsql: Address set of issues with errno handling - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Address set of issues with errno handling
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On Fri, Aug 03, 2018 at 04:04:36PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> You need to go back and add the pre-clearing of errno in each of these
>> places, otherwise the added code is basically useless.

> I looked at all code paths enforcing ENOSPC on write() calls, and
> attached is a patch to address this issue for all of them.  What do you
> think?  I can of course get that addressed before the next set of minor
> releases.

That looks good as far as it goes.  I didn't cross-check that you
hit everyplace that needs this, but if you grepped for references to
ENOSPC then you presumably found them all.

IMO, it's OK to push this this weekend if you have time.

            regards, tom lane