Re: Invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8", caused due to non wide-char-aware downcase_truncate_identifier() function on WINDOWS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8", caused due to non wide-char-aware downcase_truncate_identifier() function on WINDOWS
Date
In response to Re: Invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8", caused due to non wide-char-aware downcase_truncate_identifier() function on WINDOWS  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> We are relying on isupper() to not return true
>> when presented with a character fragment in a multibyte locale.

> Based on Jeevan's original message, it seems like that's not always
> the case, at least on Windows.

Hmm.  Now that you mention it, I think the same has been said about OSX.

If we need to work around brain-dead isupper() tests, maybe the best
thing is to implement two versions of the loop:
if (encoding is single byte)    ... loop as it stands ...else    ... loop without the "else if" part