Re: Is it possible that session lock is not released - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Is it possible that session lock is not released
Date
List pgsql-general
T <kurt023@hotmail.com> writes:
> Now transaction goes to default state, then this backend is killed or some FATAL error happens,
> AbortOutOfAnyTransaction() in ShutdownPostgres() will do nothing since transaction is in default
> state, and session lock on heaprelid is still held after  ShutdownPostgres(), so subsequent operations
> could be blocked by this session lock.

This would only be an issue if we were to accept interrupts between the
CommitTransactionCommand() and StartTransactionCommand() steps ... which
we don't.  I'll admit it's a tad on the fragile side but I don't see a
bug.

            regards, tom lane