Re: 7.1 beta 3 CHANGES FOR QNX - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.1 beta 3 CHANGES FOR QNX
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Maurizio" <maurizio.c@libero.it> writes:
> ECHO is defined in the following QNX gcc include files :
> termio.h
> termios.h
> If ECHO was not redefined in pgc.l you can't compile in embedded SQL C.

Well, my question still stands: why aren't the other four flex outputs
also broken?  They all use ECHO.

In any case, I'd prefer to see this fixed by not including <termios.h>
rather than hacking up the .l files.  Surely it doesn't need to be
included everywhere, as src/include/port/qnx4.h is now causing to
happen.  In fact, it looks to me like qnx4.h probably includes and
defines a lot more than it needs to; would you experiment with stripping
it down?

> I am also checking for another problem.
> I have some errors if I compile pgsql without change the typedef Size in
> c.h.
> To succesfully compile pgsql I have changed typedef Size in int insteed
> size_t.

That strikes me as *horribly* dangerous.  There is too much code whose
behavior might change in unpleasant ways if Size becomes a signed type.
Please explain what problems you are seeing that make you think this is
a good idea.

Andreas, the QNX port is largely your work IIRC.  What do you think of
these issues?  Have you tried 7.1beta on QNX?