Re: clients segfault on 9.2 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: clients segfault on 9.2
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Grégoire Hubert <gregoire.hubert@knplabs.com> writes:
> 2012/8/2 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>> Just to try to narrow things down a bit: does the behavior change if you
>> build without openssl?

> It works : psql (9.3devel) \o/

Hmm.  The first reaction is to guess that there's something flaky about
your openssl installation.  Perhaps the headers don't match the library
version, or something like that?

> I kept compiling with ssl support because lauching postgres directly
> from the command line ended with a SSL error (FATAL:  SSL is not
> supported by this build) whatever SSL is compiled or not.

That seems a bit odd too, unless you had "ssl = on" in postgresql.conf.
hostssl lines in pg_hba.conf might cause that too; I don't recall if
there's a separate error message for such cases.
        regards, tom lane