Re: Error message: "my bits moved right off the end of the world!" - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Error message: "my bits moved right off the end of the world!"
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
"Romanenko Mikhail" <mikhail@angg.ru> writes:
> Could anybody tell me what does this error message "my bits moved
> right off the end of the world!" mean.

It's an internal error in the btree index routines.

I would *love* to see an example that reproduces this error from a
standing start (ie, newly created database).  I suspect there's a
corner-case bug somewhere in btree, but it's never been possible
to find it without a test case...
        regards, tom lane