Re: Can't drop tablespace or user after disk gone - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Can't drop tablespace or user after disk gone
Date
List pgsql-performance
"Craig A. James" <cjames@modgraph-usa.com> writes:
> I had a 'scratch' database for testing, which I deleted, and then disk went out.  No problem, no precious data.  But
nowI can't drop the tablespace, or the user who had that as the default tablespace.
> I thought about removing the tablespace from pg_tablespaces, but it seems wrong to be monkeying with the system
tables. I still can't drop the user, and can't drop the tablespace.  What's the right way to clear out Postgres when a
diskfails and there's no reason to repair the disk?

Probably best to make a dummy postgres-owned directory somewhere and
repoint the symlink at it, then DROP TABLESPACE.

CVS HEAD has recently been tweaked to be more forgiving of such cases...

            regards, tom lane