Re: question on 8.4.2 build postgres C functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: question on 8.4.2 build postgres C functions
Date
List pgsql-general
Steve Coleman <scoleman@capecomputing.com> writes:
> My problem is that 8.4.2 source has no "Makefile.global".  This file is essential I believe, and is used by all of
theMakefiles in the source tarball.

Makefile.global is created by the configure step.  This has not changed
since 8.1.  If you want to create a file that matches somebody else's
build, examine pg_config output to see what configure options they used,
and duplicate that.  It would also be wise to check the
src/include/pg_config.h result from configure to ensure that it matches
their build (hopefully pg_config.h is included in what they distributed).

            regards, tom lane