Re: 'PG_PRINTF_ATTRIBUTE' is an unrecognized format function type - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 'PG_PRINTF_ATTRIBUTE' is an unrecognized format function type
Date
List pgsql-novice
Andrea spanu <spanu_andrea@yahoo.it> writes:
> I'am began with a server side program on Windows with MinGW, and after linked everything I get this warning
'PG_PRINTF_ATTRIBUTE'is an unrecognized format function type' ,

There's something messed up about your installation then.  My first guess
is that you're trying to use MinGW's gcc to build an extension, but
against a server that was built with MSVC and therefore the pg_config.h
file is meant for use with MSVC not gcc.  That's not going to work.
You should build the server and your extension with the same toolchain.

It may be that all the other issues you report trace to that same cause,
but in any case you should fix that first and then see what problems
remain.

            regards, tom lane