Re: CommitFest Wiki page annoyance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: CommitFest Wiki page annoyance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Bernd Helmle wrote:
>> It seems changes to the commit fest wiki pages are going to be
>> overwritten accidently when editing the page concurrently. At least, this
>> occured to me as i accidently removed entries done by Laurenz Albe and my
>> changes were overwritten by Alvaro Herrera again.....
>>
>> So developers need to be careful when editing their projects there.

> Hmm.  I do click "show changes" before each commit, and I make sure no
> such thing shows up on the diff.

Does "show changes" diff against the latest version, or the one you
started to edit?

I can see this behavior becoming a real problem, particularly during
commit fest when multiple people might be updating the page.  Can we
do anything to prevent collisions?  As a first cut, I'd be happy if
it refused to let me commit if the page had changed from the version
I started to edit.