Re: CommitFest Wiki page annoyance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: CommitFest Wiki page annoyance
Date
Re: CommitFest Wiki page annoyance  ("Brendan Jurd" <direvus@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Bernd Helmle wrote:
> It seems changes to the commit fest wiki pages are going to be
> overwritten accidently when editing the page concurrently. At least, this
> occured to me as i accidently removed entries done by Laurenz Albe and my
> changes were overwritten by Alvaro Herrera again.....
>
> So developers need to be careful when editing their projects there.

Hmm.  I do click "show changes" before each commit, and I make sure no
such thing shows up on the diff.

Perhaps what's going on is that the software does not check that the
version I read is the most recent one :-( so if two of us edit the page
at the same time, the one committing last is going to stomp on the
changes of the other one.