Re: CommitFest Wiki page annoyance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brendan Jurd
Subject Re: CommitFest Wiki page annoyance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 2:40 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>  > Bernd Helmle wrote:
>  >> It seems changes to the commit fest wiki pages are going to be
>  >> overwritten accidently when editing the page concurrently. At least, this
>  >> occured to me as i accidently removed entries done by Laurenz Albe and my
>  >> changes were overwritten by Alvaro Herrera again.....
>  >>

>  I can see this behavior becoming a real problem, particularly during
>  commit fest when multiple people might be updating the page.  Can we
>  do anything to prevent collisions?  As a first cut, I'd be happy if
>  it refused to let me commit if the page had changed from the version
>  I started to edit.

Strange, I thought mediawiki dealt with this problem in a fairly sane way:
   http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Edit_conflict

According to the information at the above link, the wiki should let
you know about concurrent edit conflicts and give you an opportunity
to resolve them before attempting to commit your changes again.

Not sure how the conflicts observed by Bernd could have happened.
We're not running some drastically out-of-date version of mediawiki by
any chance?

Cheers,
BJ