Re: OS X 10.7, psql, and tab completion? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: OS X 10.7, psql, and tab completion?
Date
List pgsql-general
Eric Ridge <eebbrr@gmail.com> writes:
> What's the incantation one needs to recite before compiling Postgres
> 8.4.x on OS X 10.7 such that psql's tab completion will work?

Install GNU readline :-(.  Apple managed to improve libedit's tab
completion from "sometimes dumps core" in 10.6 to "fails entirely"
in 10.7, so you just plain can't use the built-in libedit.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-07/msg01642.php

(I've filed an Apple bug report about it, I suggest others do likewise.
History suggests that unless there are numerous complaints, this won't
get fixed before 10.8.)

            regards, tom lane