Re: show Heap Fetches in EXPLAIN for index-only scans - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: show Heap Fetches in EXPLAIN for index-only scans
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> So here's a 5-line patch that adds the number of heap fetches to the
> EXPLAIN ANALYZE output.  This might not be all the instrumentation
> we'll ever want here, but I think we at least want this much.

Cosmetic gripes:

1. Please initialize the counter in ExecInitIndexOnlyScan.  We don't
generally rely on node fields to init as zeroes.

2. Project style is to use foo++, not ++foo, in contexts where
it doesn't actually matter which is used.