Re: alter table rename missing numeric type - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: alter table rename missing numeric type
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> template1=> insert into n2 values(154.23);
> INSERT 360703 1
> template1=> alter table n1 rename to oldn1;
> RENAME
> template1=> alter table n2 rename to n1;
> RENAME
> template1=> insert into n1 values(154.23);
> ERROR:  overflow on numeric ABS(value) >= 10^2 for field with precision 4 scale 2

I can't duplicate either part of this bug report, using either 7.0.2
or current sources.  Something's pretty whacked out about your
installation I think... what version are you running, anyway?

BTW, you didn't actually show us the command you used to create n2.

            regards, tom lane