Re: Vacuum Failed - backend closed the channel unexpectedly - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Vacuum Failed - backend closed the channel unexpectedly
Date
List pgsql-general
Dave Smith <dave@candata.com> writes:
> Running Linux 2.2.14 postgresql 7.0.3
> I am trying to run a vacuum and I get the following output

> vacuum;
> NOTICE:  FlushRelationBuffers(menudt, 6): block 3 is referenced (private
> 0, global 2)
> FATAL 1:  VACUUM (vc_vacheap): FlushRelationBuffers returned -2

Is this reproducible from a standing start?  I'd expect it to go away
after a postmaster restart.

It would be moderately interesting if you can figure out the sequence
that got you into that state (ie, buffer reference counts > 0).

            regards, tom lane