Re: [BUGS] COPY FROM/TO losing a single byte of a multibyte UTF-8 sequence - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] COPY FROM/TO losing a single byte of a multibyte UTF-8 sequence
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Steven Schlansker <steven@trumpet.io> writes:
> Anyway, it looks like this is actually a BSD bug which got copy +
> pasted into Apple's Darwin source -
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-i18n/2007-September/000157.html

I've applied a patch for this to HEAD & 9.0:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2010-08/msg00273.php

I'm reluctant to back-patch it into already-released branches, though.
Given the lack of prior reports, the odds of breaking something for
somebody in a minor release seem to outweigh the odds of doing good.
But you could easily drop it into a local copy of 8.4 if you wish.