Re: Configure can't find com_err on OpenBSD for --with-krb5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Configure can't find com_err on OpenBSD for --with-krb5
Date
List pgsql-general
Jim Rosenberg <jr@amanue.com> writes:
> Here's the problem: when configure tries to compile the code snippet to
> check for com_err, it needs to do this with -lcrypto added, but it's not
> using that. What's the "right" way to fix this? I could probably get it to
> work by brutally hacking configure, but there's got to be a better way.

I think the "right" fix is probably to add -lcrypto to these lines in
configure.in, which are already accounting for random other possible
dependencies of libkrb5:

     AC_SEARCH_LIBS(com_err, [krb5 'krb5 -ldes -lasn1 -lroken' com_err], [],
                    [AC_MSG_ERROR([could not find function 'com_err' required for Kerberos 5])])
     AC_SEARCH_LIBS(krb5_sendauth, [krb5 'krb5 -ldes -lasn1 -lroken'], [],
                    [AC_MSG_ERROR([could not find function 'krb5_sendauth' required for Kerberos 5])])

but I'm not sure why no one else would've complained before, if that
were necessary...

            regards, tom lane