Re: Problems with a custom LOCALE - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problems with a custom LOCALE
Date
List pgsql-general
"James B. Byrne" <byrnejb@harte-lyne.ca> writes:
>>> PG::Error: ERROR:  encoding "UTF8" does not match locale
>>> "en_CA@yyyy-mmm-dd.UTF-8"
>>> DETAIL:  The chosen LC_CTYPE setting requires encoding "LATIN1".

> This is what I see on the host running postgresql-9.2
> # LC_ALL=en_CA@yyyy-mmm-dd.utf8 locale charmap
> UTF-8

> Running locale against the base en_CA@yyyy-mmm-dd on the PG host shows
> this.
> LC_ALL=en_CA@yyyy-mmm-dd locale charmap
> ISO-8859-1

You're showing us three different spellings of the locale name above.
Are you really sure they're all equivalent?

Beyond that, you probably need to find a locale guru.  I see no reason
to think there is anything wrong with the Postgres code for this, and
every reason to think there's something wrong with your locale
definition.  But I don't know enough about custom locales to help you
identify exactly what.

            regards, tom lane