Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Allow a partitioned table to have a default partition. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Allow a partitioned table to have a default partition.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> On Sat, Sep 9, 2017 at 10:23 AM, Thomas Munro
> <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> map_partition_varattnos() doesn't always write to *found_whole_row, so
>> it's uninitialised here in generate_partition_qual():

That was the first thing I thought of ...

> Hmm, no.  I take that back.

... and I looked at map_variable_attnos and decided it was fine, too.

But it ain't.  It's failing on empty partition expressions, and there's
a short-circuit exit from map_partition_varattnos.

Will fix.