Re: Unimpressed with pg_attribute_always_inline - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Unimpressed with pg_attribute_always_inline
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> Anyway, ISTM that it should be possible to make
> pg_attribute_always_inline have no effect in typical debug builds.
> Wouldn't that make everyone happy?

That would improve matters, but do we have access to the -O switch
level as an #if condition?  The use-case I'm generally worried about
involves recompiling individual files at -O0, with something like
    make PROFILE=-O0 nodeHashjoin.o
so trying to, say, get configure to adjust the macro isn't really going
to help.

The other half of the problem is the warnings, but I think Thomas'
patch would alleviate that.