Re: [GENERAL] splitting tables into db's - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Elmar.Haneke@gmx.de
Subject Re: [GENERAL] splitting tables into db's
Date
List pgsql-general
> If there are too many requests for a particular database, is there a way
> for postgresql to do load balancing across multiple servers? As far as I
> can see, the only way would be to split the tables within the database
> into distinct databases. Of course, this would assume there are no
> dependencies between each database. This can obviously cause a problem, so
> are there any recommended ways to have a form of load balancing with
> postgresql?

There is no build-in load balancing in PostgreSQL.

As an alternative I would use an database-mirror.
For read-Queries the application can use any of the servers.
For Updates the application has to send them to all servers.

Elmar