Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.5 items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.5 items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> crypt_loadpwdfile() is mixing and (mis)matching memory allocation
>   protocols, trying to use pfree() to release pwd_cache vector from realloc()

Didn't this just get fixed?

> Fix function pointer calls to take Datum args for char and int2 args(ecgs)

This still needs to be done, and it looks like a lot of tedious
gruntwork :-(.  Do we have a volunteer?

I think we still have some unresolved issues about locking and about
handling of multi-segment tables.  Shouldn't those be on the TODO list?
If they were fixed to everyone's satisfaction, it wasn't apparent from
the list traffic...

I am currently trying to investigate the poor performance reported by
Edmund Mergl --- since gprof doesn't really work on my Linux box, I
am reduced to running a profilable postmaster on my HPUX box with the
database area NFS-mounted from the Linux box, where there is enough disk
space for the benchmark.  This setup gives new meaning to the term
"slow", but I should be able to get a useful profile out of it.  If that
turns up anything significant and readily fixable, I might propose
delaying 6.5 for a fix.