Re: BUG #2195: log_min_messages crash server when in DEBUG3 to - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #2195: log_min_messages crash server when in DEBUG3 to
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I tried on CVS tip and don't see a problem.  Which branch were you
>> testing?

> Uh, CVS HEAD.  I put -DEXEC_BACKEND into Makefile.custom, and recompiled
> and initdb'ed.  I then modified postgresql.conf and set log_min_messages
> to "debug5".  Then stop and start the server.  The server log looks like
> the server is running, but you cannot connect using psql, so something
> died.

[ scratches head... ]  I put "#define EXEC_BACKEND 1" into pg_config.h
instead, and didn't bother to initdb, but otherwise the same.  Wonder
why it's not failing for me.  Something platform-specific maybe?

            regards, tom lane