Re: BUG #16160: Minor memory leak in case of starting postgres server with SSL encryption - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #16160: Minor memory leak in case of starting postgres server with SSL encryption
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On 2021-03-16 14:44:55 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
>> OOMs errors should be gracefully handled and PG should continue to
>> function.  Was that not the case..?

> Depends on what you mean with graceful. Unless you restart the database
> you'll eventually not be able to do anything anymore, since even the
> smallest memory allocation will fail?

Yeah, a leak in the postmaster is not gonna end well.

I went ahead and back-patched e0e569e1d.  While looking at that,
I noticed that the load_dh_file subroutine was also a few DH_frees
shy of a load, so I fixed that too.

            regards, tom lane