Re: Problem with restoring dump (may be tsearch-related) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Markus Wollny
Subject Re: Problem with restoring dump (may be tsearch-related)
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

Source-DB is 7.2.1, target is 7.2.2, so maybe I'll try and upgrade the
source-db, too. I've never done this before without restoring a dump,
though. Are there any instructions on how to upgrade an existing
installation? Can I just unpack, run ./configure with the same settings,
make, make install and restart the postmaster? Or do I have to reinstall
from scratch? The alldb1.sql ist ~180MB in size, so I don't want to
bother anyone with this...

Regards,

    Markus