Re: Problem with restoring dump (may be tsearch-related) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Markus Wollny
Subject Re: Problem with restoring dump (may be tsearch-related)
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

Okay, I've been successful with the following strategy:

1. Compile&install postgresql
2. initdb
3. compile&install tsearch
4. CREATE DATABASE template2 WITH TEMPLATE = template0;
This is because template1 cannot be used as template for new databases
during restore, so another template is needed.
5. ./psql -d template2 < tsearch.sql
Now I've added the customs bits to the new template
6. perl perl -pi -e "s/template0/template2/g;" alldb1.sql
This just replaces the standard template in the dump with the new one
7. ./psql -d template1 -f alldb1.sql
I'm happy :)

Or should I fear any drawbacks of this method? The only kind of
error-messages I got during restore where those "function ... already
exists with same argument types", type named ... already exists" and
"OperatorDef: operator "##" already defined" - and I think I can safely
ignore them :)

Regards,

    Markus