Re: Problem with restoring dump (may be tsearch-related) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Markus Wollny
Subject Re: Problem with restoring dump (may be tsearch-related)
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

No, I didn't - the DB is quite large, so it's crucial that dump has got
acceptable speed - which it hasn't got when using --inserts; as I found
out it seems to be a matter of sequence of the created objects in the
dump, anyway, so that wouldn't have helped, I think. As far as I can
see, dump always writes the table-definitions _before_ the
customs-datatype-definitions. Which is causing trouble, because the
statements for creating tables that use custom datatypes like txtidx
thus result in an error but not in a table. So when the COPY-statement
follows, which should fill the table, it finds nothing to fill  - and
that causes all these errors.

Regards,

    Markus