Re: Create table command fails with permission denied - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Venkateswara Rao Bondada
Subject Re: Create table command fails with permission denied
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi Rob,
I'm using postgres account (which is a superuser in the database) to create table. Table creation is working fine in
otherdatabases except in this. As postgres user, I granted CREATE, USAGE & ALL privileges to postgres account, still it
didn'twork.
Please find the snapshots below where it works fine and also where it doesn't work fine. And let me know what rights
postgresaccount is missing to create tables in "cms" database.

camd=# \c camd postgres
You are now connected to database "camd" as user "postgres".
camd=# create table test(id character varying(80));
CREATE TABLE
camd=# \c cms postgres
You are now connected to database "cms" as user "postgres".
cms=# create table test(id character varying(80));
ERROR:  could not create relation "test": Permission denied
cms=#

Thanks,
Venkat