Re: inner query bug - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: inner query bug
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> When we were discussing this on IRC, I made sure to check it was a
> recent version of PG -- I believe it is 7.4.0. The last reported
> instance I could see of a bug with this symptom was for 7.4 beta 1 (at
> which point we thought we'd fixed it).

Yeah, I don't believe it is the same bug.  That particular error message
suggests that some part of the planner has dropped the ball in building
target lists for plan nodes, but that could cover a lot of territory.

The fact that Andrew is finding the bug difficult to reproduce reliably
is odd too; maybe an uninitialized-variable problem?

            regards, tom lane