Re: strncpy is not a safe version of strcpy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: strncpy is not a safe version of strcpy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I didn't argue against s/strncpy/strlcpy/. That's clearly a sensible
> fix.
> I am arguing about introducing additional code and error messages about
> it, that need to be translated. And starting doing so in isolationtester
> of all places.

I agree with Andres on this.  Commit
7cb964acb794078ef033cbf2e3a0e7670c8992a9 is the very definition of
overkill, and I don't want to see us starting to plaster the source
code with things like this.  Converting strncpy to strlcpy seems
appropriate --- and sufficient.