Missing functionality in ResultSetMetaData ? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Thomas Dudziak
Subject Missing functionality in ResultSetMetaData ?
Date
Re: Missing functionality in ResultSetMetaData ?
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

I'm trying to extract the source tables from a result set for a
arbitrary select query. For this I use the

ResultSetMetaData.getTableName(int columnIndex)

method. However with the postgresql-8.0-311.jdbc3.jar driver against a
PostgreSQL 8.0.1, I never get any table names, regardless of whether
the query is a straight SELECT * FROM simpletable or a complicated
query using multiple joins.
Are there plans to incorporate this functionality, or perhaps a driver
version that already supports this ?

regards,
Tom