Re: COBOL - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: COBOL
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Jarom Hagen <jhagen@telematch.com> writes:
> /usr/local/bin/install -c -m 555 postgres /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres
> You must have a COBOL system present to install this product

Weird.  It looks like you have some exceedingly nonstandard program
in /usr/local/bin/install --- certainly not what configure thought that
that program would do, anyway.  Do you know where that program came from
(perhaps a Sun COBOL package)?

A nondestructive workaround would be to hand-edit src/Makefile.global's
INSTALL variable to refer to our install-sh script (also in src/) rather
than /usr/local/bin/install.  However, that install is going to bite a
lot of other open-source packages that expect to find a standard-ish
install script available, so I'd suggest deleting or at least renaming
it...

            regards, tom lane