Re: [BUGS] BUG #6379: SQL Function Causes Back-end Crash - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #6379: SQL Function Causes Back-end Crash
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Paul Ramsey <pramsey@cleverelephant.ca> writes:
> Further notes, from Andrew (RhodiumToad) on IRC about the cause of this crasher:
> [12:31pm] RhodiumToad: there's no trivial fix

IMO the main bug here is that functions.c isn't expecting qd->dest to be
overwritten,  so we could work around it by keeping a separate private
copy of the dest pointer.  However, it would also be fair to ask whether
there's not a cleaner solution.  Perhaps the intoRel stuff should be
saving/restoring the original destreceiver instead of just blindly
overwriting it.