Re: optimized counting of web statistics - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Billy extyeightysix
Subject Re: optimized counting of web statistics
Date
List pgsql-performance
> The bottleneck in the
> whole process is actually counting each data point (how many times a
> url was visited, or how many times a url referred the user to the
> website). So more specifically I am wondering if there is way to store
> and retrieve the data such that it speeds up the counting of the
> statistics.

This is misleading, the counting is being done by perl.  so what is
happening is that I am locating all of the rows via a cursor and then
calculating the stats using perl hashes.  no counting is being in the
DB.  maybe it would be much faster to count in the db somehow?

exty