Re: wrong search_path being used - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: wrong search_path being used
Date
Re: wrong search_path being used
List pgsql-bugs
> On 2013-01-12 14:29:38 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think that the alternative most likely to succeed is to consider any
>> change in the active value of search_path as forcing replanning of
>> cached plans.

> I guess it wouldn't really be feasible to keep the search path used to
> plan a query in its cached form and check that it fits the one currently
> used on every use of the cached plan?

Actually that's exactly what I meant: every time we arrive at a query
with a cached plan, check to see if the active search_path value is the
same as what it was when we made the cached plan, and replan if not.

There's already infrastructure to save the search_path value for a plan,
but what it's being used for right now is to restore the first-plan-time
value of the path when a replan is forced for some other reason.  It
wouldn't be that hard to change it around to use it this way instead.

            regards, tom lane