Re: Alternate database locations - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Alternate database locations
Date
List pgsql-admin
"Tauren Mills" <tauren@servlets.net> writes:
> I'm not sure how this message got posted again.  I think it is because I
> posted it to the newsgroup first but it was rejected since I was not a
> member of the list.  Now that I'm a member, I'm assuming it went through.

If you get a response about "you're not a list member", that actually
means that your message is sitting in Marc's queue to approve for
posting.  Seems like he sifts through the queue every couple or three
days.  So, if you in the meantime subscribe and repost your message,
we'll see it again when Marc approves the original.  (Unless he happens
to notice it's a duplicate, which more often than not he doesn't.)

Fear not, we're used to this.  It beats having the lists inundated by
spam, which is what would happen if Marc weren't filtering nonmember
postings :-(

            regards, tom lane