Re: Trigger won't execute when using sp with input parameters - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Trigger won't execute when using sp with input parameters
Date
List pgsql-novice
Erik Dahlstrand <df03daer@ing.hj.se> writes:
> When using an ''INSER INTO' SQL statement the trigger is executing fine.
> Also a stored procedure with "hard coded" values will fire the trigger.
> But when using input parameters (and a output parameter) the trigger
> won't execute.

That's really, really hard to believe --- and if it were true it would
be a critical bug.  Can you provide a complete, self-contained example
that makes this happen?  I can't reproduce it with what you gave, since
the insert_object() function doesn't work at all --- it looks like you
stripped out chunks of code.  A SQL script that creates the tables,
the function, and causes the failure from a standing start is the best
way to demonstrate such problems.

            regards, tom lane