Re: Theory about XLogFlush startup failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Theory about XLogFlush startup failures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> One thing I can think of is to prevent a corrupted page
> from spoiling other pages by jumping the page boundary
> in the buffer pool.
>>
>> We do that already, no?

> Oh I may be missing something.
> Where is it checked ?

I know PageRepairFragmentation is real paranoid about this, because I
made it so recently.  I suppose it might be worth adding some more
sanity checks to PageAddItem, maybe PageZero (is that ever called on a
pre-existing page?), and PageIndexTupleDelete.  Seems like that should
about cover it --- noplace else inserts items on disk pages or
reshuffles disk page contents, AFAIK.