Re: recovery_target_time ignored or recoveryalwaysrecovers to end of WAL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: recovery_target_time ignored or recoveryalwaysrecovers to end of WAL
Date
List pgsql-general
"Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 09:21 -0700, Jason L. Buberel wrote:
>> I downloaded the latest xlogdump source, and built/installed it against
>> my 8.2.4 source tree. When I execute it however, I am informed that all
>> of my WAL files (either the 'active' copies in pg_xlog or the 'archived'
>> copies in my /pgdata/archive_logs dir) appear to be malformed:
>> Bogus page magic number D05E at offset 0

> For now, remove these lines from xlogdump.c, l.82-86
>   if (((XLogPageHeader) pageBuffer)->xlp_magic != XLOG_PAGE_MAGIC)

I don't think that's a very good solution; the reason the magic number
changed is that some of the record formats changed.  Jason needs a copy
that's actually appropriate to 8.2.

Howver there is something odd here, because the value of XLOG_PAGE_MAGIC
comes from src/include/access/xlog_internal.h and not from the text of
xlogdump.c itself.  What it looks like to me is that Jason compiled it
against the wrong set of Postgres header files.

            regards, tom lane