Re: Backing up a DB excluding certain tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Backing up a DB excluding certain tables
Date
List pgsql-general
JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960@gmail.com> writes:
>> *FYI, -n riopoderoso and the riopoderoso
>> in'riopoderoso."AspNetRoleClaims"' are redundant.*

> Should I remove the schema name so the exclude switch is *-T "AspNet"*
> instead of *-T 'riopoderoso."AspNet"'?*

No.  As I explained upthread, you'd better use either
    *."AspNet"*
or
    riopoderoso."AspNet"*
because otherwise the pattern won't match tables that aren't in
pg_dump's restricted search_path.

I continue to think that your problem boils down to one of getting
the quoting around the double-quoted pattern correct.  I'm not a
Windows user so I don't know much about shell quoting rules there.

            regards, tom lane