Re: [INTERFACES] Three posts and no response 8--( - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Three posts and no response 8--(
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Daren Sefcik <daren@partnersdata.com> writes:
> I know there must be somebody out there who can help me this,I need help
> with getting psqlodbc working on Solaris 2.6..when I try to run the .so
> file I get the following error:

> /opt/ISLIodbc/2.11/bin/qetestlib: fatal: relocation error: file
> /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpsqlodbc.so: symbol shutdown: referenced symbol
> not found

This looks like libpsqlodbc.so hasn't been linked to libc.so properly.

Unfortunately, every flavor of Unix seems to have different ideas about
how shared libs should be built :-(, and I have no idea what the magic
incantation may be on Solaris.  A lot of Unixes require "-lc" to be
mentioned when linking a shlib that makes use of libc.  You might
check whether that's happening when libpsqlodbc is built.

Which version of Postgres are you using, anyway, and which port
(solaris_i386 or solaris_sparc)?
        regards, tom lane