Re: make check fails: user "postgres" doesn't exist - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: make check fails: user "postgres" doesn't exist
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Markus Bertheau <twanger@bluetwanger.de> writes:
>>> make check fails, and I have absolutely no idea where to look:
>>
>> (scratches head...) make check should automatically adopt your current
>> username as the postgres superuser name, AFAIK.  Perhaps there is some
>> conflict in your environment settings?  Do you have PGUSER defined, and
>> if so is it different from your login name?

> Exactly that was the case, thanks.

Hmm, seems like a misfeature in pg_regress.  I guess adopting PGUSER
from the environment is a good thing to do in the "make installcheck"
case, but maybe it should drop it (along with the other environment
variables that could affect connections) in the "make check" case.
Peter, any thoughts about that?