Re: Problem with accesing Oracle from plperlu functionwhen using remote pg client. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem with accesing Oracle from plperlu functionwhen using remote pg client.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Maybe DBI-Link could set the title to something else before attempting
> the connection. (And perhaps locally set update_process_title to off.)

Making the (unwarranted?) assumption that Oracle's library only captures
the title during connect, it seems like DBI-Link could be made to just
transiently override the title while connecting.  There should be no
need to break user-visible behavior for this.

The whole thing seems mighty bizarre though.  Given the number of
different ways we have to set the process title, I rather wonder whether
what we do will always determine what Oracle sees, on every platform.