Re: Configure fails to find readline libraries - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Configure fails to find readline libraries
Date
List pgsql-general
Jeffrey Trimble <jtrimble@cc.ysu.edu> writes:
> configure:6337: checking for -lreadline
> configure:6364: gcc -o conftest -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/
> include/readline -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -
> Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -fno-strict-aliasing -
> fwrapv -D_GNU_SOURCE  -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/
> readline -L/usr/local/lib  -L/usr/local/lib conftest.c -lreadline -
> lcrypt -ldl -lm  >&5
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `PC'
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetflag'
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetent'

You should keep reading past that point ...

The missing symbols here can come from termcap or ncurses.  There
is code in our configure script to try linking readline with those
additional libraries.  What's not clear is why those attempts failed,
but you didn't show us the trace of them failing.

            regards, tom lane